When water enters the house, it makes a potential habitat for the molds to thrive and spread like anything. It is however, very essential for us to stop this very rapid spread. The molds may take only a few days and grow at every place you can think of. Not only are they brave enough to ruin your property but they also take the liberty to produce harmful allergens that can pause a potential threat to all those exposed.
When you become suspicious of a mold growth, you need to contact the concerned authorities immediately because it is not easy to get rid of molds. They are practically present every place as part of the natures regimen. Since the mode of growth and reproduction for molds is via spores which are airborne microscopic particles, we need to keep the treatment under strict supervision, and otherwise we will be stuck with frequent relapses causing much trouble.
The black mold comes with a lot of hazards and is referred to as the toxic mold. This toxicity can be combated by mold treatment. The problem is that several molds coexist and sometimes it is hard to tell if the mold is black or not, so an expert opinion is always advised for your benefit.
If you think that the damage is limited and self-controllable, you need to try a few household remedies. A little borax, some concentrated vinegar and hot water. The ingredients are mixed and added to a spray bottle for easy use.
If things get out of hand you need to get professional help.
A few ways to prevent molds are; maintain dryness in the bathrooms and kitchens and use cleaners with vinegar in them. The bathrooms and kitchens can be dried post -use with the help of ceiling fans and or leaving the lights on for a couple of minutes, for the lighting also produces heat. The alkaline cleaners should be used regularly, especially for shower areas as they also have a potential to kill spores. This will prevent mold spread and keep your walls and shower rooms clean. Also comes from wet areas a musty odor, this in fact is due to molds. Regular cleaning is one way we can avoid growth. All the susceptible places should be cleaned bi-weekly at least.
When molds take over your floors, walls, cabinets or whatever support they find, they weaken it and rip it of its paint coats, varnishes or anything that has been used to give your house the beautiful look it has. If they have been clinging there for a while now, you might just find a fragile structure left behind upon removal; things as solid as wood might just rot away and crumble in to pieces. So basically all the money earned from your blood and sweat might just end up in a pile of garbage, and to add to your misery further would be the repair bills. All this can be avoided with a little care on your part.